Jump to navigation Jump to search
- United Way Champaign County COVID19 Relief Fund
- University YMCA Immigrant Relief Fund
- Eastern Illinois Food Bank
- Restaurant Workers' Community Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Modest Needs Fund for Hourly Workers
- National Domestic Workers Alliance Fund, which helps support in-home care workers, nannies, and cleaners impacted by coronavirus (nationwide)
- No Kid Hungry, which helps provided children with food during school closures (nationwide)
- Cunningham Township Supervisor's Office is in needed of donations to support their participants who are unable to get more. They are asking for new and unopened toilet paper, soap, feminine products, toiletries, and packaged food. Drop things off in their box outside of their office (across Green Street from the Urbana Free Library).
- C-U at Home is sheltering homeless people in Douglass Community Center during COVID19 and could use donations.
- Daily Bread Soup Kitchen is accepting donations of fresh fruit and money during this time of need. Fruit can be dropped off on the east side of Daily Bread Soup Kitchen (116 N First Street, Champaign) daily from 8:30am-12:30pm. Monetary donations through PayPal can be made at http://dailybreadsoupkitchen.com/donate
- Channing-Murray is preparing a "bucket brigade" of essential grocery delivery for extremely low-income families in Urbana who are recommended by Cunningham Township Supervisor’s Office. You candonate to Channing-Murray at https://www.channingmurray.org/donate
- Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund
- Champaign-Urbana Friends and Allies of Immigrants and Refugees (CU FAIR)
- Silver Hearts Putting together care packages for residents of the Urbana Silverwood neighborhood
- CUVolunteer Excellent local resource for volunteering
- CU Fair-PTA Assistance for food-insecure immigrant families
- Friendly Caller Program (calls to seniors). If residents want to receive social or reassurance calls, they can contact 217-352-5100. To volunteer, call 217-359-6500.
- Premier Pens Pen Pal Program Volunteer to write letter to seniors
- C-U at Home is sheltering homeless people in Douglass Community Center during COVID19 and is seeking volunteers.
- The Illinois Coalition for Higher Education in Prison (IL-CHEP) is asking citizens to petition for medical furloughs, or compassionate release, for elderly, disabled and medically frail inmates who pose no threat to society.
- Channing-Murray Foundation is looking for volunteers for its Bucket Brigade https://www.facebook.com/ChanningMurrayFoundation/
- Champaign PTA volunteer signup sheet: http://tinyurl.com/ptawitt
- Add your new ideas here
- Wesley Food Pantry http://wesleypantry.org/index.html
- List compiled by the Illinois governor's office https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/coronavirus/Resources/Pages/VolunteerOpportunities.aspx
Makers and Sewers
Online Signup Forms
- Champaign County COVID19 Food Distribution Volunteers
- COVID19 Volunteer List
- Preemptive COVID-19 volunteer list
- Call for volunteer scientists
Champaign-Urbana Blood Center urgently needs donations. You can make an appointment to donate online.
Retired/Inactive Health Professionals
- Former physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners and respiratory care therapists are needed and Illinois will waive fee/licensing requirements. In Monday, your license renewal form will be available on the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation website. For healthcare workers living near borders,who may be practicing in cities outside of Illinois, IDFPR will make it easier for you to also practice here.
CUPHD Community Donations
- Weiskamp is printing t-shirts to help local businesses http://smilepolitely.com/splog/weiskamp_is_printing_t_shirts_to_help_local_businesses/
- CU pARTners Area artists and local businesses are teaming up to offer exclusive deals on limited edition artwork. Follow CU pARTners on Facebook to learn who is creating what, and how you can get cool stuff while supporting our local arts and small business community.
See Mutual Aid