United Way COVID19 Fund
United Way will help you find resources you need. You can look here: http://211.org/services/covid19 or call 211 or 888-865-9903 (toll free).
See Public Benefits
Rent Assistance and Housing Insecurity
- C-U MTD is providing free rides on the reduced (university break) service schedule, with larger capacity buses & other vehicles to allow social distancing. For more info call 217-384-8188 or go to MTD's COVID-19 page. CUMTD requests that passengers enter and exit through the rear door, if possible.
- Amtrak has changed some of their schedules and cancelled some routes. They are waiving all the fees for changing your trip up until April 30. For more info: http://bitly.ws/84AF
- Finding Childcare in Champaign-Urbana https://www.chambanamoms.com/2019/09/30/finding-childcare-champaign-urbana/
- ExceleRate Illinois offers a childcare search on their website: https://www.excelerateillinois.com/provider-search/
- Stephens Family YMCA offers temporary childcare for healthcare workers: https://www.chambanamoms.com/2020/03/18/stephens-family-ymca-opens-temporary-childcare-for-healthcare-workers
- Sprouts School will be providing temporary emergency childcare for essential community workers in the Champaign-Urbana area during this difficult time. Sprouts will provide care daily for up to 8 children ages 2 years – 5 years from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. The cost for this emergency care will be $25 per day, due the Friday prior to care at 5:00 pm. https://sprouts.school/emergency-care-covid-19/
- The Governor's Office has created resources for people in immediate need of childcare:
- Dedicated phone number to connect essential workers who need emergency childcare with resources: call toll-free (888) 228-1146. The helpline will be available from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Friday to answer calls, but callers will be able to leave a message 24 hours a day.
- You can also use this Emergency Childcare Provider Search if you have access to a computer: https://emergencycare.inccrra.org/
- Illinois Department of Human Services with application for emergency childcare for prioritized essential workers: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=123118
- Copay will be $1: See https://www.facebook.com/ChildCareResourceService/posts/2890979447663586
Utilities and Internet
- Eli Lilly's program for affordable insulin https://www.insulinaffordability.com/
- Online meetings for people in recovery https://www.smartrecovery.org/
- Secular online AA meetings http://weagnosticsaa.org/we-agnostics-and-freethinkers-online/
- COVID-19 Resources for the Disability Community https://www.accessliving.org/our-services/covid-19-resources-for-the-disability-community/
- Free COVID19 support group with Elliott Counseling Group: https://www.facebook.com/kevin.elliott.counseling
- Fussy Baby Network, Erikson Institute During this time of being home more, the Erikson Institute is offering support through phone call consultations, email consultations, video home visits, parent web groups and Facebook live groups for infant massage, baby yoga, and play. There are NO FEES during the shelter in place order. Phone: 888-431-BABY Email: email@example.com Facebook: @fussybabynetwork https://www.erikson.edu/fussy-baby-network/
- Everyday Early Intervention During Coronavirus For parents of young children (birth to three), this site provides tips on helping children learn with everyday moments in your home.
- Report COVID19-related racism incidents: http://www.asianpacificpolicyandplanningcouncil.org/stop-aapi-hate/
- The Courage Connection provides help for people experiencing domestic violence and abuse
- Champaign County Circuit Clerk Katie Blakeman on getting orders of protection: https://www.facebook.com/ChampaignCountyCircuitClerk/posts/904880263285584
- See Small Business
If you're an immigrant in need of relief, you can apply to the NAWC Immigrant Relief Fund here. See also the New American Welcome Center on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ynawc and Immigrant Resources
See Mutual Aid